Tuesday 21 October 2008

A hesitation

I can see the sadistic gun god is pointing at me, nice and clear। i realized that he could end my sorry existence any time he liked with just a pull of a trigger and all the insanities, merriment, anxieties and above all dreams, dreams of my past and dreams i hope to dream in future rushed to my head like a herd of panicky civilians dropped in a war , urging me to act begging me to do something for the sake of years i spend with their surreal lives but all i can give them is condolences. What can i do anyway ? i could have sprunged in a moment of glory to snatch the gun from him and be a god myself but in that case, he would shoot me surely if i failed to give him the surprise i hoped for. I decided to play it safe , not to enrage the almighty cause I was scared of his wrath. i have failed and it's a failure that lived with me every day and night but it's only now , at this hour of judgment, i can feel it's cold unsympathetic skin. i could have acted and become a martyr but instead i decided to live a slow and painful death.

6 comments:

Winnie the poohi said...

Ah! As i said.. wanna know what happened before.. and what will happen next..

Would he succeed finally?

Or become a drunken fool? :)

And yet i do see that its complete as it is :)

manish said...

There is nothing before and after. The para is complete in itself.

And since any explanation will ruin it everyone is free to derive own interpretations :)

Gaurav said...

main baat

Unspoken said...

I started writing this with the impulse to ask you why have you left all your blogs incomplete; when you yourself obviously know that you have much to say the also possess the words to express with.

But I realize its the writer's freedom to not tell stories to others.

You do write wonderfully well though; just as I love it!

Abhinav

Cynthia said...

A powerful piece of prose. I can
relate to the inability to act
swiftly when the time comes.
However, it is possible to change.
The momentum was high through-out
the entire piece. Excellent writing.

manish said...

Thanks for the appreciation, what else a writer needs.I don't write very frequently . That's why my blogs are deserted